Welcome to Dickinson’s
Established in 1964 Dickinson’s is a family owned painting and decorating contractor. We specialise in new build and maintenance works within the Education, Healthcare, Domestic, Commercial and Industrial sectors across South Yorkshire.
The pride and professionalism of our management team and experienced decorators has allowed us to build a reputation to be envied within the industry.
Health and Safety
Ensuring the health and safety of our employees and those around us is paramount to Dickinson’s. We are fully qualified and insured team who are health and safety compliant in every task we undertake whether it be commercial, industrial or domestic work.
- We hold a Platinum Certificate from Constructionskills for all employees who have passed CSCS Health and Safety tests
- Managers and supervisors hold SSSTS certificates
- Our employees are trained and experienced in the use of MEWPS and hold the relevant IPAF qualifications
- All employees who are trained and experienced in building and operating mobile tower scaffold hold PASMA qualifications
- Employees are trained in asbestos awareness
- Our in house Health and Safety Advisor holds a NEBOSH certificate and is responsible for reviewing policies, monitoring and training
- Risk assessments, method statements and COSHH assessments are all provided prior to starting work on site
- We have been accredited members of CHAS (Contractors Health and Safety Scheme) since 2006
Our clients tell us they appreciate the administrative organisation as well as the quality of workmanship we produce. We communicate effectively both before and during a job to ensure we deliver on performance and meet every client’s expectations. We also ask for feedback at the end of a project so we can confirm client satisfaction.
For 50 years we have been employing people directly from the local community. Many of our staff have been with us for more than 30 years and our company is well known throughout the borough. It is our “family” ethos which has cemented our relationships with our clients over the years.
At the other end of the spectrum we work closely with Constructionskills and the local college to provide apprentices who are trained and hold qualifications up to Level 3 NVQ Painting and Decorating.
We are committed to environmental issues. As well as adopting policies in-house we also ensure clients are advised on the most suitable products for their needs and the environment. Wherever possible we use water based paints and natural paints such as Earthborn which do not contain VOCs.
For more information on our policies, procedures and ways of working please get in touch.
We are proud to hold the following accreditations: